Monday 23 January 2012

Eat Stop Eat Diet Program Saves Time and Money

This past summer I used the Eat Stop Eat diet program that I found through a fitness forum. Many people in the forum that were getting results were using some type of fasting in their diet. My first though was that it did not sound healthy. I was under the impression that I had to be eating every 3 hours or my body would go in to starvation mode. I got this in my head from another diet program that I previously used. Sometimes it is hard to know what to believe. I desperately wanted to lose weight and it sounded like an easy program to follow. I had nothing to lose so I gave it a try.

The whole philosophy of the eat stop eat program is to do a 24 hour fast for one or two times a week. How much simpler can you get? Most other diets will require you to eat smaller meals five times a day or eat the exact foods that they tell you. Some of these other diets get so complicated that people give up before they even start them.

Foods that I ate on the Eat Stop Eat Program

The eat stop eat program does not restrict what you eat, just during your fasting. Eat as you normally would. I had many foods that I probably would not be allowed to eat on other diets. I had hot dogs, pizza, hamburgers, ice cream and other goodies as well. I was not stuffing my face with them. You are allowed them once in a while in moderation. The program does not require you to count your calories but I did count mine. I just wanted to make sure I was not eating more than I should if I wanted to maintain my weight.

During the 24 hour fasts I only drank water, tea, black coffee and any 0 calorie diet sodas. I also chewed some sugar-free gum when I felt like I wanted to eat.

Eat Stop Eat Program Benefits

I did not have to eat for two full days a week. Eating and preparing food takes up time. Usually when you eat you have to stop what you are doing to make the food and then eat it. Following that you usually get tired since your body is using more energy to break down and use what you just ate. Without eating your body just stays the same and you gain all that extra time to stay focused on your tasks. This is great if you are working on projects or studying.

My grocery bills were less because of the meals I was cutting out. If I usually ate out at restaurants frequently I would have saved even more money following the program. At the least you would probably save ten dollars a week. What other diets can say they save you money? Most of them require you to buy expensive health foods.

If you are healthy and looking for a simple diet that you can follow for the long haul then this may work for you.

My Transformation blog has my Eat Stop Eat Review which goes into more detail about how I used the program.

I am currently using Boot Camp Exercises along with the Eat Stop Eat program.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment